Monday, August 3, 2009

Great Song!! Horrible Video!!


Kelly Clarkson's third single from her fourth studio album All I Ever Wanted just got released and is surrounded in the huge controversy that Ryan Tedder, the producer of this song, passed the same melody for Beyonce's international hit 'Halo'.
While the above mentioned thing itself can pretty much turn me off, but what makes it all even worse is that such an amazing song gets such a pathetic video! The last time I was this dissappointed upon seeing a video was during Katy Perry's 'Thinking Of You', even that was pretty much of a crap pile!
First of all, Kelly doesn't need to be donned in a hundred million dollar outfit for a video. She never had the diva factor and she's one of those that does extremely well without it. The only point she looks good in the video is during the head shot and close ups. At all other places she looks way older than her actual age. My cousin and I both are of the opinion that her dress is actually to draw the audience's attention away from the similarity between the melodies of two song with 'Halo'. Ha, fat chance!!! If anything this video has done is to raise the voice even more about them being same!
Secondly, the self-playing voilins, harps and pianos are an excellent touch contributing to the celestial feel I had mentioned earlier. But, I would've prefered if the video was shot somewhere in a wild forest depicting the vast loneliness that one experiences after a loved one's departure. Or something along the lines of Clarkson travelling in a New York commute surrounded with the hub bub of daily life. As she makes her way through it symbolising that life needs to go on no matter what!
Anyhow the video has been shot and released, can't do a thing about it now! But I'm hoping that despite all these things against it, this song travels to the top of the charts. It's my personal favorite from the whole album and I'd hate to see it fall down to miserable depths. And if it does, a huge pox on the creative director whoever it may be!!
Copyright © Saad Khan 2009 (Karachi, Pakistan; saadkhalidkhan@gmail.com)

2 comments:

The Write Girl said...

Hey Saadi,

I agree with your sentiments here. Clarkson does seem too glammed up for this video. Nice analysis. I think you should take over as the creative director : )

Saadi said...

@ Write Girl

I wish my mom shared the same notion! ;)

Thanks for the visit!

You May Find These Interesting

Related Posts with Thumbnails