Friday, December 25, 2009

Pretty Darn Amazing!

Computer Animated flicks almost never go wrong. Not only do they cater to a very wide range of audience, which makes them extremely suitable for family time. But they sort of have an unwavering, never dying charm to them. It's no wonder that whenever I'm bored out of my head, I pull out any computer animated title at random from my collection.

The year '09 was a very good for computer animated flicks. Over here I'm putting up my Top 5 favorites. We're starting with Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs at the 5th spot.

I saw it's trailer sometime during the summer and the concept of food falling down from sky has always been a secret fantasy of mine. Food and Kelly Clarkson concert tickets with backstage passes.

The movie is extremely enjoyable and if you have a little one with a penchant of eating, this movie is a must-see. Mutated food, spaghetti tornadoes, ice-cream rainfall, talking monkey; what in here is not to love?!


Number four spot goes to the Reese Witherspoon starring Monsters vs. Aliens.

The animation reminded me a little of one of the earliest CA flicks, Monsters Inc. Incredibly cute and hysterically funny. The cast chemistry is absolutely top-notch. I can't seem to have a favorite. Scenes involving Missing Link and B.O.B. are undiluted pleasure.

And it has a very awesome surprise in store towards the end. A must watch, guys. A must watch!

Coming to the third spot, we have a Computer Animated Classic. There are only two, so not really that hard to figure out. Yes, I'm talking about Ice Age 3; Dawn of the Dinosaurs. In case your wondering, the other CA Classic is Shrek. The plot is completely fresh with all of the four characters; Manny the Mammoth,  Sid the Sloth, Diego the Saber-toothed Tiger and Scrat, the Saber-toothed, Squirrel. I was especially surprised and extremely happy to see that my favorite character, Skrat; got a rather engaging story-line. And though this needs not to be mentioned, but John Leguizamo nails it once again with his character Sid. Ice Age 3; Dawn of the Dinosaurs is definitely going to be staying in my library for a very long time. That is as soon I get it back from my nephew.

Just a step down from the best, we have the genius Tim Burton's Fall masterpiece, 9. Personally speaking CA flicks involving action are flops on my personal scale, but 9 is a definitely exception to that rule. I absolutely loved the movie. I love the concept behind the movie that one is not responsible for what others do as long as he/she stays true to his motives and that no matter how messed up things can be, we can start over. Also whoever decided to cast Elijah Wood into the lead role of Number 9 is an completely precise at getting the right work done. Elijah has done an amazing voice-over job.
On the final spot we have the summer blockbuster, Up. This movie absolutely drove me crazy. I love this movie and is my favorite CA movie of 2009. The casting especially of the kid, Russell and the dog, Dug is pure genius.I saw this movie five times in the theaters and also happens to be the very first movie I saw in States. Hahahaha, I know that fact is kind of stupid but I'll always remember this wonder.
Before I leave you, there is another CA movie I want you guys to check out. It's really short, it can't be of more than 6 minutes. It's titled Partly Cloudy and it ran right before Up in the theaters. It's hilarious. If you don't have stomach cramps from laughing by the time the movie ends, then you don't know how to laugh. Do check it out.
Copyright © Saad Khan 2009 (Karachi, Pakistan; saadkhalidkhan@gmail.com)

4 comments:

Opaque said...

Yes, I've seen "Partly cloudy" as well. It is excellent. Thanks for the review(s).

Saadi said...

@ Brosreview

Thanks for the comment!

Anonymous said...

Hi, I can’t understand how to add your site in my rss reader. Can you Help me, please :)

Saadi said...

@ Anony

I didn't have the feature added previously! U can find it now on the left side below the videos I'm promoting!

Have fun!!

You May Find These Interesting

Related Posts with Thumbnails