Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Gleeked Out!



Sometime ago I had put up a post of my fall/winter TV addiction, the TV series Glee. On 9th December, the first season of Glee came to an end with it's 13th episode Sectionals drawing the highest ever viewing since it's Pilot. So when I say the season ended with a bang, I'm not kidding!

Being the huge musicholic I am, it pretty much made sense that Glee would win me over easily. But it proved to be the 'It' show. This was something that surprised many people as High School Musical didn't recieve major success beyond it's first part. Glee had ensnared it's followers right from the day it's Pilot test-aired right after the Season 8 American Idol Finale on May 19th.

The songs featured during the series are pretty darn amazing and sung my the cast itself, which makes the songs a tad bit more original. The cast which compromises mostly of Broadway novices won over the audience. The American Idol reject - Amber Riley - happens to be my favorite of the lot. I'm a huge fan of her big belting ballads. She brings nothing but the best forward. Other interesting characters in the line-up are Chris Colfer, Kevin McHale, Mark Sallings and Jane Lynch. also portray very interesting characters. Lea Michele who plays the female lead somehow manages to annoy me but she's a pretty darn amazing singer.

Though my fall/winter addiction has come to an end, my spring/summer addiction is about to start. Yes, people. American Idol Season 9 makes it debut on January 12th. Excited, na?

I am!

On a closing note, Glee is running for four categories in the 2010 Golden Globe Awards. Best Comedy Series, Best Actress (Lea Michele), Best Actor (Cory Monteith) and Best Supporting Actress (Jane Lynch). I'm guessing they would definitely be bagging the Best Comedy Series and Supporting Actress. But let's see!

Copyright © Saad Khan 2009 (Karachi, Pakistan; saadkhalidkhan@gmail.com)

6 comments:

Sorcerer said...

dude!! you are my information resource on songs and albums
:)
amazing work you are doing
hats off dude..

Saadi said...

@ Sorcerer

Another day, another pleased blogger! ;)

Thanks for dropping by!

Opaque said...

Informative. Thanks.

Josh Diaz said...

GLEE = PERFECTION
hahahaha i loved ur review :) Glee is my fave show eva!

Saadi said...

@ Brosreview

Thanks for dropping by!

Saadi said...

@ Josh

It most certainly is, man! It most definitely is! :D

You May Find These Interesting

Related Posts with Thumbnails