Monday, March 30, 2009

My American Idol Pick 4/4


Anoop Desai, or should I say 'Noop Dawg is the 21 year old college student from Chapel Hill, North Carolina.

For one thing I'm glad that being an Asian, he isn't being treated as some sort of joke like the Season 6 finalist Sanjaya Malakar.

I remember his audition distinctively as he had showed up in a checkered shirt and shorts of which Simon made fun thinking he's another one of the freak auditions. But when he sang...man, he's got some serious soul in his voice.

I was thoroughly disappointed when he didn't make it on his group night. But was over-joyed when he qualified as the last Wild Card Entry and then was made the very lucky thirteenth finalist(So far on all previous season there have been only twelve finalist.)

His first week didn't go exactly as planned but I still loved his performance. The next two week he was beyond amazing. His version of Always On My Mind and Ooo Baby Baby simply blew me away! A must listen people, a MUST LISTEN!

And all I have to say is; Roo Roo Go Anoop!

Copyright © Saad Khan 2009 (Karachi, Pakistan; saadkhalidkhan@gmail.com)

1 comment:

Opaque said...

Nothing to write; may the best man/woman win!!!

You May Find These Interesting

Related Posts with Thumbnails