Sunday, March 29, 2009

My American Idol Pick 3/4


Kris Allen is the 23 year old college student from Conway, Arkansas. He didn't have any camera time at all till Hollywood Week, he was in the group White Chocolate along with fellow Top 36 finalist Matt Giraud.

I really like his song choice. So far he's got the best pick of songs so far. Every single week he's been spot on.His style is more suited to ballads but he's proven himself to be pretty good at the up tempo ones as well. Good for him!


His Grand Ole Opry Week's rendition of
To Make You Feel My Love was one of the best performances I have seen so far on Idol. He needs to work somewhat on stage presence as sometimes he appears shaky.

Anyhow, he's great and I'm a Krisoholic!!

Copyright © Saad Khan 2009 (Karachi, Pakistan; saadkhalidkhan@gmail.com)

2 comments:

Opaque said...

Interesting!!! you seem to be a fan of al the three you've mentioned so far. As far as I recall, stage presence is one of the criteria, isn't it? Well, that makes him good not great.

Having said that, I have always thought of why stage performance mattered so much. It is a singing competition, not a modelling or acting. Ah well. Just my thoughts Saadi.

I guess they are looking for an overall package. But, I hope they do not evict someone "based entirely" on his/her stage appearance rather than voice.

Saadi said...

@ Brosreview

The thing Kris is that he's likable, which is something I can't say for some of the other male contestants.

Hopefully he'll take Simon's suggestion of watching Simon on tape and get some self-confidence. :p

Kidd'in!

Thanks for the comment!

You May Find These Interesting

Related Posts with Thumbnails