Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Grammys @ 2010 - We're All Fans

I just finished watching the 2010 Grammy Awards and I can't believe it the amount of awards Taylor Swift snatched from Lady GaGa. This was so freak'in unbelievable. For me, Grammys just lost all credibility. When they can award someone who can't carry a tune and sing on-key if her life depended for a Vocal Performance, then Grammy is nothing to boast about.

Nevertheless the night wasn't a complete loss. There were six amazing performances and I'm putting them all up here for you people to enjoy. These are my favorites and you're more than welcome to link up to yours. I'm gonna kick of with the Lady GaGa's monster routine. Though this get-up didn't amaze me, her performance did leave me speechless. Starting her routine with the dance phenomenon Pokerface. She was later joined by Sir Elton John on Speechless. I've always loved Sir Elton John's collabs. Remember at Grammys a few years back when he performed with Eminem. Things like this keep him current, he mixed it with 'Your Song'. This was one freak'in ridiculous performance!



Later on we had the original diva Beyonce aka Sasha Fierce strut herself. She performed If I Were a Boy and followed it up with Alanis Morisette's 'You Oughta Know'. I would have personally loved had she sung Single Ladies because not only that song was nominated for numerous categories but that is one song which will continue to be popular in many generations to come. So put your hands up for Beyonce!



My favorite rock-band of all time, Green Day also took the stage. Now what they did was something very new to me. I had no idea there was a Green Day musical coming up. I haven't really seen any Broadway stage up close but it's been on my To-Do list since the last few years. So the word musical got my ears up. They performed 21 Guns alongside the cast of American Idiot. The girls got pretty darn good vocal command, though she looks kind of scared.



P!NK also performed on the Grammys. Though the acrobatic routine wasn't new, she performed a similar on the VMAs singing Sober. This time around with Glitter In The Air, P!NK took to the air. I loved when she did an inverted pirouette at the end. I wish she had chosen a different song, but it was a good performance over all.



Jennifer Nettles who has me so freak'in impressed with her Country performance joined Bon Jovi for their very first Grammy performance. She performed their Country hit, Who Says You Can't Go Home, and did amazing. I loved how well she meshed with the guys. It seemed as if she's been singing with them for ages. Not peppered with glitz and glamor, just riffs and vocals. Unadulterated goodness!



Last but not the least the Recording Academy paid a tribute to the late King of Pop, Michael Jackson. Accompanied by Celine Dion, Usher, Carrie Underwood, Jennifer Hudson and Smokey Robinson, this was a Grammy moment. I wouldn't be surprised if there were tears in the eyes of people as the video played. The performance was flawless and immaculate. They all sung beautifully. This IS the real thing, people!



Grammys were no doubt good this year. Beyonce took home 6 awards, making a record for the most wins by a female at a single Grammys night. Taylor Swift took home 4, while GaGa earned 2. Black Eyed Peas won 3. Other winners included Eminem, Rihanna, Jason Mraz, Colbie Caillat, A. R. Rehman, Kanye West and Maxwell. Congratulations to all the winners!!

8 comments:

OSO-Deluxe-Edition said...

Lady gaga topped Beyonce!
she can jump,dance,and go naked on stage and have like a 10000000 dancers around her,and she still can't OWN the stage like Beyonce...
no one can top beyonce...keep this in your mind!

The Write Girl said...

Saadi, I enjoyed those performances as well. The Grammy performances were pretty good overall. I liked it way better than the AMA's. Thanks for the reviews as always.

Chapters From My Life said...

I missed the grammys.. No TV at home for past 8 years. Is that kind of record or something. Thanks to your blog I could just get all the info on Grammy.
I was sort of disappointed that Chester Bennington was totally ignored. I love his songs the best.

http://chaptersfrommylife.blogspot.com/

Saadi said...

@ OSO-Deluxe-Edition

Lady GaGa did an amazing job no doubt...bt I found the 'Speechless' duet more amazing than 'Pokerface'...loved it wanna she said 'Take my picture Hollywood'...it was like a taunt!!

Saadi said...

@ The Write Girl

Gotta agree with you! Grammys was an amazing night!

Saadi said...

@ Farila

I think they're cmng out with an album this year, so hopefully they'll perform nxt year!!

Thanks fr the visit!

Sorcerer said...

Greenday!!!
They rwak..so does the Grammys

Saadi said...

@ Sorcerer

There's no doubt in that!

You May Find These Interesting

Related Posts with Thumbnails