Saturday, June 27, 2009

Top 15 Season 8 American Idol Performances - 4/5

# 06 To Make You Feel My Love - Kris Allen

Country Week bought a very cool surprise to the table. I for one was expecting Kris to be a complete disaster this week but was hoping(Also praying) for the opposite to come true. And it did! Kris gave the most touching performance of the night and this was the point where Kris showed that he was more than just a 'pretty face' in the running. This was where the tender dawg took the spotlight all for himself. This is one of the best ever!

# 05 P.Y.T.(Pretty Young Thing) - Danny Gokey

I solemnly swear I'm no Danny Gokey fan but even then I have to give credit where it is due. This was no doubt one of the best of the night, though I could've done without the dancing(Read; Gyrations), but thanks to me(And the Studio Versions) you don't have to witness the uncomfortable scenes. Enjoy the only up tempo Danny's song I ever liked on the show!

# 04 Part Time Lover - Matt Giraud

This song has been performed twice before on the American Idol stage but never was it this good and this much fun. The casual flirting and fun-loving side of Matt G was clearly the winning point of the whole song. His riffing and falsetto were fine tuned and extremely well placed. Never before was a Stevie Wonder song made current along with keeping it listenable to the ear. Great going, Matt!

2 comments:

Opaque said...

Hmm, I agree with your observations (especially in the fourth one). Again, thanks for sharing.

Saadi said...

@ Ajey Bhai

Thanks for the visit!

You May Find These Interesting

Related Posts with Thumbnails