Saturday, June 6, 2009

Top 15 Season 8 American Idol Performances - 1/5

# 15 Walkin' After Midnight - Megan Joy

This performance by Megan was in my opinion her shining moment on the American Idol stage. There was just something so weird and corky about the song that mixed so amazingly with her. I had sort of thought that Megan would do a Patsy Cline song, but I was thinking more along the lines of 'Crazy'. And for once, I'm glad my guess was incorrect!

#14 Always On My Mind - Anoop Desai

If there was one person in Season 8 who's voice was so soulful that it was just too good to be true, it had to be Anoop Desai. Kara often commented on his smooth ability to infuse soul into any song and make it his own. Seriously speaking, this performance was just the right example of that! I think I won't ever get tired of listening to this soulful number.

# 13 Play That Funky Music - Adam Lambert

The word that would fit Adam perfectly is the word 'fearless'. To come out on stage all glammed up with a bouffant and pull off a feet stomper is something not everyone can do; But for Adam it was a peice of cake. The arrangement was not his own but it suited his vocals brilliantly. This was the only up-tempo performance from Adam which I like, otherwise I prefer him more with ballads.

1 comment:

Opaque said...

I was forced to see these videos a few days back. Man, you love this show very much to actually showcase the episodes here, don't you?

You May Find These Interesting

Related Posts with Thumbnails