Monday, June 29, 2009

Top 15 Season 8 American Idol Performances - 5/5

# 03 If I Can't Have You - Adam Lambert

This is Adam Lambert's best vocal and most original performance on Idol Stage by a mile. I absolutely love it! This was definitely his shining moment on Idol, to take a song from disco's hall of fame and change it so much that it turns out to be something completely different is amazing and remarkable. This is the performance for which I give Adam the cake.

# 02 I Can't Make You Love Me - Allison Iraheta

This definitely has to be one of the most moving performances of Idol. Allison displayed the best of the her vocals again and again but with such conviction and determination is something I witnessed for the first time with this one over here. Paula Abdul's comment was true when she said that 'You hear one note and it's undeniably Allison'! This stayed with me on the top spot being the most played song on my player till Top 3 week.

# 01 Heartless - Kris Allen

The most original song performed on the Idol stage after David Cook's "Always Be My Baby" has to be Kris reprise of Kanye West's 'Heartless'. I'm no big fan of Kanye, the original version never grasped me. Kris version is far far better than his. Even Simon said it was his favorite performance of the season. No wonder Kris took hime the title!

2 comments:

Opaque said...

I am noticing (thanks to your blog posts), only Kris Allen is performing consistently good. Thanks for updating us (at least the ones like me who does not watch the show).

Saadi said...

@ Ajey Bhai

Yeah, no wonder he was crowned in the end!

You May Find These Interesting

Related Posts with Thumbnails