Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Crazy People


Verse 1
I woke up today; I didn't want to get out of bed
These voices in my head kept telling me to stay
To stay in my bed

It did seem like a good advice but not the best
I need to go, need to face the world
But before that there's something to be told

Chorus
You crazy people in this world; Don't bother me today
With your silly questions and not needed advice
I'm sick and tired of trying to be nice
Stop interfering with my life! If I need your help, I'll ask!
Oh you crazy people don't bother me today!

Crazy! Crazy! Crazy!
Don't bother me!

Verse 2
You push my buttons with your fake words of concern
Drive me to the point of no return!
I wish I could yell a little louder
Just to have a little space...a little room to breathe!
That's all I need! That's all crave!

Bridge
Three's a company and I don't mind
As long as it's me, myself and I

Chorus
You crazy people in this world; Don't bother me today
With your silly questions and not needed advice
I'm sick and tired of trying to be nice
Stop interfering with my life! If I need your help, I'll ask!
Oh you crazy people don't bother me today!

Crazy! Crazy! Crazy!
Don't bother me!


Copyright © Saad Khan 2009 (Karachi, Pakistan; saadkhalidkhan@gmail.com)

6 comments:

Opaque said...

I appreciate the attempt of writing a punk song. This is pretty pink-ish. I have tuned ringing in my head.

However, no offence, but it needs a lot of trimming and polishing to do. Yes, I mean, the theme might be punk-ish, the style is punk-ish, sort of. But, the lines in many places are still prose-like. Written in a rush?

I write so as a few lines are pukka punk-like. But, it is only some lines. The rest disrupt the flow forcing it to be trimmed and polished. There is no consistency. Or, it is probably a faulty structure.

"With your silly questions and not needed advice" - this line is wrong.

"I'm sick and tried of trying to be nice" - a typo there; tired

"Three's a company and I don't mind
As long as it's me, myself and I" - thoughtful line!!!

No offence, but work upon it!!! You can make it just fine!!!

Saadi said...

@ Brosreview

Yeah nowadays it's like totally off with me! I wrote this song like after a 3 weeks or something!

I so didn't know how to take this but after alot of thinking put it up here! I wanted the reaction to the latest stuff I've done!

I corrected the typo; thanks for that. :D

And I'll look into the line you've told me to correct!

And the line you picked out, actually that was the starting point in the original song! ;)

You have a knack for getting the right things.

And yeah, criticism is always welcome!

Thanks for the view!

The Write Girl said...

Hey Saadi,

Unlike Brosreview, I am no expert in song writing. But content wise I really liked your piece. I totally relate to what you are saying and I think your bridge is wicked "Three's a company and I don't mind...As long as it's me, myself and I"
That's good writing there. Anyway, I'm sure once you tweak it, this song will be stellar.

Take care

Saadi said...

@ Write Girl

Thanks for the visit! And yeah, everyone who's read this song has absolutely loved this line!

Hahahaha!

Anonymous said...

Saad, I thought it brilliant and sums up where Im at :), na truly I think most can relate to this one.. good job!

Hows this Bros

"With your silly questions and not needed advice"

With your boring questions, unsolicited advice"

Saadi said...

@ Abbey

Ah yes, some of those questions can be really boring!!

I'll be replacing mine with yours in the re-written version!

Thanks again! :)

You May Find These Interesting

Related Posts with Thumbnails