Sunday, March 14, 2010

American Idol Top 16; You Have To Be Kidding Me!!!


So the Top 16 took the stage this week and they gave us a couple of real good performances. Back on schedule, the girls took the stage on Tuesday night. As usual Crystal Bowersox and Lilly Scott were complete stand-outs. They were clearly leading the pack, and as the show goes on I getting the feel that Siobhan Magnus is also in their league. Last week she blew us away with her pipes singing 'Think', this week she gave us a haunting but devoted rendition of 'House of Rising Sun'. I'm beginning to like her more and more. Katelyn also gave us a rather entertaining performance.

Katie and Paige completely fell off the track. During Hollywood week there was a scene of Kara saying that Katie might win this season. Seriously? And Simon keeps mentioning what an amazing voice Paige has. Seriously? I haven't seen any of these two ladies give something that will wow me. Didi took a step front this week along with Lacey. The girls fared well.

Wednesday night, the guys took the stage. I absolutely loved Lee's take on Owl City's 'Fireflies', I loved how he took that complete pop song and turned it into some more alternative. This guy is so giving me the David Cook vibe. I'm waiting for him to pull a 'Billie Jean' or 'Always Be My Baby', and it's not even funny. Alex also appealed to me this week. I'm totally not digging Andrew Garcia or Todrick for that matter, Andrew is turning everything acoustic. The judges loved Big Mike's 'A Woman Work', but I really don't see the hype about him either. Is he likeable? Yes, he is. But I see him as another Ruben Studdard, and we don't need another Ruben Studdard.

This week the Top 12 were also to be revealed and believe me, the elimination was a shocker. Todrick, Alex, Katelyn and Lilly went home. To be honest, I really didn't care about Todrick and was expecting him to go home. He had lost momentum ever since Hollywood Round, just like Andrew Garcia.

But the other three?!

I'm completely shocked over the elimination of Alex and Lilly. I was expecting Tim or Aaron to get the boot for Alex. And same for Lily. I thought Paige, Lacey or Katie would be going home instead of her and Katelyn. I'm seriously feeling the loose of these three amazing contestants. Had they survived, I'm sure we would have seen some amazing performances.


Alex Lambert had one of the most recording friendly voices I have ever heard. Katelyn had that pop commercial vibe. Given a selection of the right songs, this girl could be an amazing artist.

And Lily! My favorite girl after Crystal. I loved her quirkiness. And best yet, she had talent. Her indie-jazz styling was something Idol had never experienced before. She was indeed one-of-a-kind.

I'm hoping these three get record deals and someday I write their album review on the Soul Board. So the Top 12 were revealed and I'm disappointed. I've got my favorites picked and I doubt that I'll be changing any of them any time soon.


So peeps, who's your favorite?

8 comments:

Opaque said...

You could create an online newspaper on Idol. A very good update and good picks. I wish there was gambling involved. Just kidding! But, if it was, I know I will contact you for your picks!

The Write Girl said...

Hi Saadi,

I don't really have a favorite yet. After last season, it's hard to imagine these contestants blowing us away. I appreciate the Idol updates though. Hopefully we'll get some awesome performances next week.

Saadi said...

@ Brosreview

Hahahaha....perhaps I could be the nxt Michael Sleazak! ;)

Thanks for the response!

Saadi said...

@ Write Girl

There are a couple of stand-out. With all the ridiculous pimping, it's hard for most people for like someone!

Saad Shaikh said...

Dude.. tie-up with the AI producers for giving professional updates.. I am sure this will rock.. ;)

let's see who's going to be the 'leona lewis' this time around.. :|

Saadi said...

@ Saad Shaikh

I wish I could and I don't think we got a Leona Lewis on our hands this year....but we may hav Alanis Morisette!

Josephine said...

Saadi,
No picks here yet. I did watch the Idol few times, and I think, it's still early for me to say... Most sound really "trendy" which to me means "more of the same"... still waiting for something new.
Great review Saadi!!
-Alex

Saadi said...

@ Alex

I think they're slightly getting into the game.....i've got some hope for them!!!

Thanks for the comment!!

You May Find These Interesting

Related Posts with Thumbnails