Sunday, March 21, 2010

American Idol Top 12; It Was a Good Night!

The Top 12 took the stage this week with the songbook of Keith Richards and Mick Jagger, that's right people! The Rolling Stones were at their mercy, or was it the other way round?!

At any rate, the Idols did a respectable job. There were some clear stand-outs, and one contestant definitely came under my spotlight this week. Starting off with my eternal favorite Crystal Bowersox, who was the last to go, kicked it out of the hall once again. I loved her bluesy country-vibe infused 'You Can't Always Get What You Want', I absolutely loved it. I'm really rooting for her to win this season. Idol needs another wholesome kick-ass wonder, like Carrie Underwood. Siobhan Magnus performed 'Paint It Black', though very predictable. But she still wowed me, alot. The falsetto note at the end simply left me breathless. This girl has her highs and lows all in the right places. And I do agree with Simon that she doesn't have to scream at the end of every performance. But I love her. Love her!!

As I mentioned there was a limelight shift, and for the first time since Hollywood Week I noticed Didi Benami. I loved her. Her phrasing was exquisite and that slight 'Don't-mess-with-me' tone in her voice was very much necessary  Because people were starting to think she was just another Brooke White, though that was a compliment. But she needs to make her own ground now and she did just that this week. Lee also broke into his own, but I don't seem him making a pop-rock record. He's got that gruff grunge vibe to him. He needs to pick David Cook's book and take a few pages from it. Aaron and Cassie also did a commendable job.

Big Mike took on 'Miss You', and while it was good. He needs to loosen up his 'likable' act, he's naturally appeasing. He's like a warm fuzzy bear, so he needs to drop it. It's coming off as desperate and possibly even irritating. Another one who needs to shake it loose is Andrew Garcia. While this week he gave me some star quality, he needs to bring it week to week. Lacey did a respectable job, but her performance was dull. I expected she would be in danger, along with Tim and Paige. Tim, the VFTW Golden Boy, possibly gave the worst ever performance this week. He's in close competition with Paige from last week. Katie Griffins, eh...plain and boring. I'm still sad that she got into Top 12 instead of Lily Scott.

I expected Tim, Paige and Lacey to be in bottom three, with Paige going home. But I was only half right. Lacey went home.

David Cook, Orianthi and Ke$ha took the stage on result's night. David Cook was amazing, as usual. But I can't say the same for the latest princess of pop, Ke$ha. She so can't perform LIVE! and the song 'Blah Blah Blah' is so freak'in annoying.

Next week the Top 11 take on the Billboard Number 1 with a surprise mentor, I'm all excited. I'm hoping Paige does some R&B, because I feel that is where she could really shine.

Till next week, take care peeps!

3 comments:

Opaque said...

Ke$ha; I am not quite sure of her reason of popularity. Any ways, a good recap Saadi. Thanks!

Saadi said...

@ Brosreview

Even I don't understand! :(

The Write Girl said...

I like your review Saadi. I have to say now that Siobhan Magnus is my favorite contestant. I love her massive voice. There were some pretty good performances overall. Hopefully, they'll keep the momentum.

You May Find These Interesting

Related Posts with Thumbnails