Thursday, November 19, 2009

She's Back!!



I just saw the official video for the 17 year old 4th place finisher, Allison Iraheta. I was pretty much obsessed about her during her entire run and was majorly bummed out when she was eliminated. Firstly it was because she was so much better than the other three remaining people and she was definitely better than most on the night she went home.

But all that is long gone and I'm really happy for her. She'll be releasing her debut album, Just For You, on 1st December. Sticking to her rock appeal, I'm definitely placing this album is going to be a solid hit!

Here we have the first single, Friday I'll Be Over You. Vocally she's reminiscent of a younger Kelly Clarkson and that was my biggest fear for her. Kelly Clarkson is an amazing artist and being told that someone is similar to it is a huge compliment. But given everything, nowadays you need to be original. That's the reason Lady GaGa is doing so good all over the place.

The video is amazing. I'm glad it's not the typical plot of a boy being thrown all over place and just shots of Allison and her band. Plus the video comes off slightly comic-ish, which is a good thing. She needed to stay to her age, because vocally she's got the chops to out-sing alot of the people in the industry.

Enjoy the video!

2 comments:

The Write Girl said...

I liked Allison also during A.I. I'm happy to see her doing well. I don't think this song showcases her vocal range but it certainly is a teen song and cool video.

Saadi said...

@ Write Girl

In tht vase, be sure to chck out 'Scars' frm her debut album, Just For You! :)

Thanks fr visiting!

You May Find These Interesting

Related Posts with Thumbnails